:::: MENU ::::

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Harry Connick, Jr. Breaks Free on New Album: 'Screw It, I'm Just Going to Write and Create'

 
Harry Connick, Jr.
Fox

Harry Connick, Jr. is feeling empowered in the walk-up to his upcoming album, "Every Man Should Know," which he dabbles in nearly every genre of music, save for hip-hop.
"I'm tired of being a slave to the record company," he joked backstage at a recent "American Idol" appearance, where he performed the album's title track. "I wanted to be me."
The album, which drops on June 11, will feature 12 original songs. "It's all stuff I've written," says Connick Jr. who explained that the project crosses a multitude of genres and comes across as more of a mixed tape than an actual CD.
"The first tune is the song I sang [tonight]. The next song is like a Bossa nova tune. The next tune is more of a jazz song. The next song is a country song. I just said, 'Screw it. Who cares? I'm just going to sing music that I like to sing. I'm just going to write and create.' It was so fun to do."

Connick Jr. describes the record as his "no rules no limits" album, calling it his most personal undertaking to date.
"I never really wrote about a lot of personal experience but this time I did. I don't know why – maybe because I'm a little bit older and have a different perspective -- but a lot of my personal experience led me to write some of these tunes. They are not autobiographical per se but there is a lot more me on this CD for sure."
The actor/musician also revealed plans for a summer tour in support of "Every Man Should Know." His domestic trek is set to kick off on June 19 in Baltimore with dates currently scheduled through August.
As far as future undertakings, Connick Jr. says that though he's used to pulling from genres that he's familiar with, he is open to tackling songs outside of his comfort zone. "I wouldn't mind doing a hip-hop tune… like a New Orleans version."
When asked if he'd consider collaborating with Nicki Minaj, Connick Jr. flashed a smile and exclaimed, "That might be hot!"

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment